Monday, October 5, 2009

Seven minute abs

So apparently the shower radio has emerged as the worst household gadget of all time. The survey was conducted among 3000 women. Having used one in a shower at shared house during my time in the UK (it belonged to one of my housemates), I can go along with that, as it often let in water, swamping the batteries, it was impossible to pick up reception, and the quality of sound prevented any real appreciation for it, over and above the water noise.
Second in the survey came battery-powered candles, while the electric nail file was third. Wow those sound like a horror show…thankfully I have never come in contact with either.
Next on the list is the SodaStream fizzy drink maker …now I have some objections here. When I was a kid it was so much fun playing with the soda stream maker, using different flavours, over gassing etc… The survey found the greatest household gadget to be the television. Eight out of 10 women said they could not live without it. In the best gadgets list, the microwave was second and the vacuum cleaner third.Pancake maker, the Fondue set and Egg slicer all came in the top ten for the worst…Egg slicer? Ha ha why?
Some others I thought of that didn’t feature were the foot spa? Rubbish…The abs belt, or most exercise at home gadgets? Rubbish the lot of them…remember the seven-minute abs guy…well try the six-minute abs…exactly! Rubbish!
I pretty cool gadget was the little appliance that you plugged into an apple to remove its core…happy seedless eating…I thought that was a pretty handy 'useless' gadget!
Bread maker? That’s what grannies are for, how do you think they get arthritis in their hands?Before I withdraw back into my lair, perhaps you can think of one or two not mentioned above. Here are a few Irish inventions that didn’t make it on the list this time, but come highly recommended…

Solar powered flashlight Inflatable dart board Ejector seat in a helicopter Pedal-powered wheel chair Waterproof tea bag
SA has had some cracking gadgets down the years including countless braai odd bins, and the Vuvuzela

No comments:

Post a Comment