Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pulloutmyhairomania - wear a cap

Impulsive hair-pulling, or trichotillomania, is a recognised but little understood medical condition.
Already this makes very little sense to me. Its recognised as a medic al condition, but not understood? Huh?Experts believe there is a genetic element to it, but stress also appears to play a part.
Again there is a lot of fudge here, they don’t understand trichotillomania – Jesus where did they get a name like that for something they don’t understand? But of course they understand it well enough to attribute a genetic element to it?

In my opinion there are so many diseases and disorders around at the moment. It makes me think that doctors are clueless when provided with symptoms so they just make up random words – trichotillomania – see? And provide wishy washy explanations for them.
Neomie De Costa, now 47, was 11 when she started tearing her hair out. "It was a very difficult year for me…. sugar cube its been a difficult year for many of us.
"A lot fell apart at that age. "I'd recently lost my grandfather, my parents were divorcing and my sister who I was very close to was getting married and moving away."Like many with trichotillomania, Neomie said she got some sense of relief and satisfaction from pulling out her hair…cookoo.
"It was a physical thing. The top of my head would itch. It felt like insects were crawling under the skin and the relief came with pulling the hair.
Ok so now I am probably not going to blame the doctor for coming up with a name like trichotillomania.
"It became a ritual. After I pulled out a hair from my head I would look at the root and examine it perhaps rub it on my lips or eat it….no comment.
Neomie has since stopped her hair-pulling, but it has left its mark. She wears a wig as only a third of her hair has grown back. Ok so if this is a genetic thing, as doctors say, how do they explain her decision to stop? Did they prescribe her pills?
Neomie attributes much of her hair pulling to stressful life events - she was a victim of child abuse and rape….
OK so here it is alarm bells, flashlights, hell Hiroshima, she was raped, I reckon that will do the trick…side effects can be a bitch when it comes to rape and why didn’t she mention this at the top of the article…genetics my arse.
She also found certain foods triggered her hair-pulling….ok so this is getting absurd….it’s the rape, say no more…please!
"Chilli causes me very bad urges. Peanuts, sugar or anything with glucose syrup in it is also very bad for me." Don’t bloody well eat those things then.
Neomie's daughter, Jaya, who is 26 and also lives in Bournemouth, has trichotillomania too, aah no really, I am starting to tug on my hair now, just reading this.
Neomie said: "We know there is a genetic element? How? Where is the proof?
“But my daughter has seen devastating effect it had on my life and she has been more controlled with her hair pulling." For Lois, her condition, which started when she was 13, has a trance like property. "It began when I was twiddling off my mascara and I pulled out an eyelash and I discovered I liked it. "I still do it now. I have no eyelashes or eyebrows left. "When I get the hair I've pulled out I like to rub it between my fingers. It's the ritual that is important for me. "I do it when I am watching TV and particularly if I am tired. I trance out and almost don't realise I am doing it.
I like eating peanut butter and marmite and fish paste all on the same slice of warm (it has to be warm damn it) toast. Does that mean I have grossontoastomania? Doctor!
My advise is get a job, wear a hat, stop eating syrup, stop watching telly and stop pulling your hair out. It isnt genetic, rape is never a good thing, so deal with that issue, problem solved.

I sometimes wonder if I am not too blame for trichotillomania as all my previous teachers, and my mother for that matter have said show they have wanted to pull their hair out when I have been about! More food for thought.
PS: I will not be held responsible for any comments made above as I suffer from hespeaks alotofbullxometimes-aphobia - which is also a genetic condition , aparently, in the state of Alabama and in Yemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment