Monday, June 8, 2009

A vivid imagination


So I have a colleague at work who has lived at least seventeen lifetimes, well those that I know of.
Yup our regular Freud is a trained psychologist, a doctor, which is how he answers, the phone – yes that’s right, humble man that he is.
A doctor of what you ask? Well where do I begin, a doctor of so many things, and he is never short on providing an on the spot diagnosis, even for the lady at the other end of the office who has a tickle in her throat.
Our regular superman is a trained RAF pilot, having survived several crashes – for good measure (quick note to self, don’t catch a ride with him).
Our Schalk Burger has played provincial rugby at lock, even though he is only 5.9 inches tall – how the game must have changed.
Our Thorpedo has swum for Gauteng, and has also played countless other sports at a representative level, badminton, tennis etc etc etc!
Buck Rogers has even had aspirations of being an astronaut, but had some physical (not mental) dysfunction preventing him from being our own Neil Buzz Light-year Aldridge Armstrong.
His grandfather is a previous King of France, he knows all the politicians, former and current on a first name basis, he has worked as a journalist for all world wide media, has our own Kerry Packer, has owned this, done that and bla bla bla…get me a sick bucket I feel nauseous.
His latest story was arriving at a station while working as a journalist in London during the IRA bombing campaigns. As he got out at Paddington a bomb went off, but he was saved when regular Bobby dived on him “incredible people those Bobbies,” to quote our own Michael Collins.
He has been a singer, in a band, while also professing to play 13 different instruments, including the sitar – which comes from India you know! Aargh bloody yes, I know!
I have learnt some valuable lessons from my esteemed colleague. Actually no, I haven’t, because I learnt not to tell lies when I was five.
Ok, I will give him this, he is entertaining and does tell a good story, and oh my if it all ends up to be true, think egg on face in ostrich size proportions….nah no effing way.
Lets hope he isnt picked to play against the British and Irish Lions next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment