Thursday, May 21, 2009

Inflatable demands


Ok so Jacob Zuma and his new government have sat back and watched the spat between opposition leader Helen Zilly and The ANC Youth League with very little comment. In fact Zoom Zoom has been pretty quiet all-round. Perhaps he is nursing a hangover following a R2.5 million ‘Mother of all parties” upon his election to the presidency.

In the meantime life in South Africa goes on, pot-hole ridden roads means cars continue to get bigger and more expensive so as not to be swallowed up, taxies run amok, bus drivers in Gauteng enter a fourth week of wage protest, meaning no public transport in the city, coal and other mineral workers strike, Eskom pushes for a 34% increase in electricity tariffs, the Gauteng mayor extends his budget to squeeze home owners further, and jobs continue to fall through the very big cracks in the floor, etc etc etc.

I think the problem with having the same party elected to govern for a fourth consecutive term is that it breeds complacency and corruption and general ineptness. Yes yes tut tut this is all old news and talk of the ANC just puts me in a bad mood.

The thing is I can’t help it; I have a stake in the future of my beautiful country. I have a voice, so why not use it. I have been most annoyed that we have not heard a single word from government regarding new policies, while Obama runs wild sprinkling magic dust everywhere he goes, and with funds that come out of his royal arse…where exactly is the US government getting all this ‘cash’ to blow on bank bail-outs and the like when the national debt of the star spangled banner would buy a new S500 Mercedes Benz (R1.1M) for every ANC member and his/her kids. That represents a figure of a trillion million gazzilion (is that a word?) dollars, roughly. I think I read that they even owe Guinea money.
I believe Mugabe in Zimbabwe had a lovely little phrase for the amount of money he printed as he watched his economy slip through his disease stained hands – Quantitative easing – see how it just rolls off the tongue?

It seems crazy that Zoom Zoom has been happy to bask in his newfound Messiah like status, but has not really looked to show us his ‘good’ intentions and deliver on his pre-election promises – nada.

And while the president keeps schtum with his crooked government waiting on his next command, or are they too busy with their private dealings? I am going to steel a march and propose a raft of new acts to liberate this country, much like Obama is doing across the ocean sea so blue.

First on my list, I would like to propose a three-day weekend. I am yet to meet someone who would appose such a lobby? Pay would remain the same, except that Monday would become the new Sunday. I hate Mondays, which would probably mean that I would learn to hate Tuesday’s if that proposal were to become law.
Right so now that I have at least three quarters of the population behind me, barring those blood sucking capitalists and entrepreneurs who drive their employees into the ground in order to become richer capitalists, what else would I propose…

Well definitely a one-man one-woman marriage rule, only one spouse at a time please…sorry Zoom Zoom that means you are out of here.

One needs a campaign slogan if you are to get anywhere in life is my motto - ‘A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage’ – said former US president Herbert Hoover, in his campaign slogan in 1928.
So in the spirit of my demands, how about: ‘A blow up doll in every bed and, lie in every Monday’?

Watch this space for further demands…and if none of these demands are met, I am going to propose wildcat strikes! Now there is a phrase that packs a punch.


With that my joke of the day:


When I got divorced, my wife said she would fight for custody of the kids.

Took her out with one punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment