Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mad- donner and the missing children


I watched Ben Affleck’s directorial debut the other evening. His film called Gone Baby Gone features a great cast including Ben’s brother Casey (his Boston accent is very cool, makes me want to be an American, oh and so does Obama (brackets within brackets – Obama for ANC president?) oh and Liv Tyler) Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman.

The film basically tells the story of a child kidnapping in a working class neighbourhood of Dorchester, Boston.

It got me thinking about all the kidnapping of little children…

I thought to myself, if I was a policeman covering the case of a missing child I would start by knocking on Madonna’s door, hold up a picture to her face and say: Sorry to bother you er Madge, but have you seen this child?

Why does the world go bonkers when Like a Prayer wants to adopt a child? Are we all secretly worried about that child’s welfare? The gyrating, child molesting (see ex boyfriends, I mean Jesus), Karbala worshipping granny. I can just see Papa don’t preach skipping and dancing and hip flexing her way down a beaten little village path in Malawi, in a little leather leotard and fish net stockings, a flute in her vein ridden fingers with all the village children in tow.

Next on my list of suspects would be the Somali pirates, and third, the sock monster

I wanted to vomit when I read that the loco residents of the Portuguese resort where Madeline McCann was kidnapped verbally abused the parents of the missing British girl.
Gerry McCann was jeered by the resort’s residents, when he arrived there with a television crew to film a documentary about Madeleine’s disappearance. McCann was forced to apologise for the negative effect the case has had on the resort.
“Oh, I am so terribly sorry that the kidnapping of my daughter has ruined the reputation of your little resort.”

Ok I am somewhat perplexed as to why the McCann’s would want to punish themselves by continually revisiting the site of their greatest loss for the sake of a documentary. Yes constant exposure will keep Maddy in the eye of the public, but perhaps it’s time to take a different tac.

Joke of the day:

Madonna arrived in Malawi this week prepared to adopt a 4-year-old girl from the country. Thus kicking off this year's Madonna - Angelina Jolie Fantasy Draft.

1 comment:

  1. yeah...well...if maddona wants to adopt a sulky little two year old from south africa, today would be a VERY good day to ask.

    ReplyDelete